I been using the Ring Doorbell 2 for over a month now and here are my thoughts on it. I was trying to decide what was better, a standard security system that is wired with a DVR, wireless security cameras or just a video doorbell. All of these have their pros and cons but I found the doorbell to be my favorite. Here are some pros and cons.
- It is priced decently at about $170.
- It is easy to set up. No wiring required. Has rechargeable battery that is suppose to last a couple months.
- Camera has wide 160° angle. Almost completely side to side.
- Monthly subscription is affordable at $3 a month.
- App is easy to navigate and works good when you have a good internet connection.
- You can access the live feed of your doorbell camera anytime from your phone.
- Has motion detection that will notify your phone if any motion is detected.
- Has 2-way communication. You can talk to someone through the doorbell.
- Has night vision so you can see at night too.
- Video quality is not crisp and may lag behind depending on your wi-fi signal.
- Motion detection does not have geofencing. It uses a heat sensor to detect motion. You can adjust the level of sensitivity but can’t exclude areas. If you have a street in front of your home you can’t exclude it. If you lower the sensitivity to not detect cars it may still detect larger vehicles like garbage trucks or school buses.
Ring Doorbell 2 VS The 1st Version
- Lower price.
- Has a wider field of view at 180°
- Lower video quality at 720p
- More expensive.
- Field of view is 160° side to side.
- Better video quality at 1080p (hd)
The reason I like the Ring Doorbell over the other security camera systems is because it’s super easy to install and set up.
Ring Doorbell: https://amzn.to/2my9xDC
Ring Doorbell 2: https://amzn.to/2mvmX3b